Friday 8 July 2011

Hey hey it's Friday, time for some trivia and a little ta dah moment

Alice at her school summer fete painting her intials on a  plate (note the fab initals she has... all by default of course :0)

Hello there, so nice to read your comments and hi to some new followers, sorry if I haven't popped into your blogs yet but I do plan to when I have a mo.

Sunset this week over te De la Warr Pavilion
This week has been a loooooong one for me, not sure why time can feel like it's being stretched and then condensed and whizzing by. How incredible the human brain is to perceive and interpret time in such a way. I love the human brain by the way, one of my favourite internal organ's studied in medicine, next the gastr-intestinal tract and then the kidney's fascinate me. Oh dear I better not gross anyone out... sorry! Back to this post's reveal. 

I made a little collage of the Boneyard shawl I mentioned a couple of posts ago. I have simply loved knitting this shawl and despite not being 100% sure of King Cole Riot yarn I am quite pleased with the way it has come out. Not bad for an amateur!

So here goes...


Ok, so you might be asking why such crappy photo's Penelope? Well, his nibs (aka Andy) has take the blessed camera to work again today and I feel a little frustrated  irritated that I have had to use my phone camera again which ain't that great! Hey ho, gotta love him! So what do you think? I could have gone on and on and on with this shawl in fact there are no rules and you can just knit away to whatever size you fancy. I stopped after using up a 100g ball of Riot DK yarn and as soon as I stopped I wanted to start up another one! Really therapeutic and rather addictive pattern I must say. Have a read on Ravelry and see what you think.

I was also fortunate enough to be given some fun machine knitted cotton square samples from a friend of mine who has a lovely vintage clothes and accessories shop. She thought I could recycle them into something useful...


So last night I got out a crochet hook and some white cotton and hooked away to create a border around these squares. I got excited thinking I could make a large blanket for when we go camping in a couple of weeks time but unfortunately soon realised that they are not the same size, so these 4 will make nice stocking fillers at Christmas time. A colourful cotton face cloth for all those on my list to make something for xox

Thank you all for your lovely congrats on Alice being voted onto school council and for my EverythingAlice  book I won, it arrived in the post on Wednesday and is a true delight. I've also been sewing some more A-line skirts for myself and am loving being friends with my sewing machine again. Blessings of the biggest kind this weekend to you and yours. Have fun and see you soon xox




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous shawl!

    Can I ask how you find the sizing of the Barcelona skirt? Because I am a UK skirt size 8/10 but am having to make a large in the Barcelona skirt!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is gorgeous! I can see why its addictive.

    Love the plate your daughter was painting. Very good initials!

    I would say the brain interests me too, so complex and quite frankly amazing.

    Wishing you and yours a fantaboulous weekend.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl's turned out lovely! I'm knitting a log-cabin blanket out of King Cole Riot at the moment - it's such cheerful yarn :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got a lovely sized shawl from the riot and how nice to see a lovely photo of you wearing it! :OD (Hiding behind sunnies = my fave trick in photos he he)oh and your photos are pretty damn good from your phone, I wouldn't have known if you didn't say anything!
    I agree re the shawl, as soon as I finished I wanted to start another, relaxing knitting is the best kind for me! Not too much thinking! WHat is your next one going to be made from?!
    Wishing you a lovely weekend!
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhhhhh I love your new shawl. Your photos are wonderful. Wow, from a phone! Have a wonderful weekend at your place.

    ReplyDelete