Thursday 3 November 2011

Just because

Just popping in this evening with some of my Reasons to be cheerful which Penny of Planet Penny blog is hosting here. I have been very busy with work this week, so have not had many opportunities to snap shot my Reasons to be cheerful as there have been a few... these are just some simple everyday life pics that have reminded me to smile despite the clocks changing and the rain drops falling.




Polka dots can't not but make me smile 


This AMAZING Tretchikoff signed print of a Zulu Girl I found being sold for £145, being South African this has significance for me and I desperately want it...


Some pretty sewing wallpaper I'd love to have in my attic where I sew, it's just so cheery and inspiring I think


Going to the cinema to see 1945 movie Mildred Pierce staring the beautiful Joan Crawford. I love old black and white movies and never like to go to see a movie with anyone. It's a delightful and for me essential experience to have on my own, a selfish thing which I don't like to share with anyone. I can't explain exactly why but it's just how I am (a bit of a old romantic) and next time you see someone on their own in a movie ... it might just be me xox 

How about you, have you ever been to a movie on your own? 


Keep happy xox






12 comments:

  1. I so love that wallpaper, isn't it gorgeous? I'm getting very excited about the wedding next year, especially as my lovely future daughter-in-law wants to have a homemade. homespun country wedding, I'm in my element! Did you read Celia's hints on hollyhocks too? very useful. Thanks so much for joining in with Reasons to be Cheerful. At the moment your linky isn't working and saying you don't exist(!?) so can you see what it does for you? Maybe you need to redo it, sometimes technology sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! It's working now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your polka dots did make me smile....cheery in every way.

    I read about tretchikoff as the name rang a bell, but I was no clearer from where, my brain is complicated and simple all at the same time! The Zulu girl is like a few that my in-laws have, my hubby lived in S.Africa until he was 12 and his sister 14, his mum and dad, having spent their formative years there have left their hearts there. Every given opportunity now they hop on a plane and live it again. They have a flat in fishhoek, and will go back over this winter to get away from the rain....nice eh!

    Love your reasons to be cheerful, I hope your work doesn't overstep your fun for the next week and you fit in lots of things you want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that sewing wallpaper is amazing, where is it from? Love your blog, I will add you to my blogs linky list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that ... go to the cinema on my own. Especially if the movie is either ancient or foreign language, which they often are. Totally a treat, and definitely a reason to be cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do. I like to go to the movies on my own. I like it because I don't have to think about what who ever is with me thinks about the movie. For once it's only me and my feelings and opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes the polka dots are very cheery. I love your Zulu print, I have a print of two beautiful African women, I absolutly adore it and they are stunning looking women. I also love the old black and white movies, no one else appreciates them here.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I forgot the Reasons to be Cheerful yesterday - was so tired after that wretched day trip to France - I was like a zombie yesterday. Next week!

    I used to go to the cinema a lot in SA - it was my biggest treat and indulgence and yes I preferred going on my own. Losing myself in the magic (because movies are magical, no?), and enjoying my aloneness.

    Nowadays, I don't really like the cinema. I find people eat too much (all those hot stinky nachos) and make a lot of noise and....it spoils the experience, for me.....oh I guess I am becoming an old tetchy grump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Zulu girl is absolutely gorgeous alright. I love the cinema on my own too! Now that I'm a mum of a little one, I have the pleasure, even if only once in a blue moon, when I go to the cinema in the evening and then leave little J with his daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wallpaper is amazing! And you are right, polka dots are always cheerful to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That wall paper is adorable. My oldest daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The polka dots are cheerful and so are the cyclamen.

    ReplyDelete