Monday 28 November 2011

Life is a tea cosy of roses


I was busy looking through some of my un-finished projects on Saturday hoping I would find something like an un-decorated, plain tea cosy which I had in mind to make for one of my lovely colleagues who is getting married after being with her partner for a long time and 4 children later. She is getting married this coming Saturday and I thought it might be good fun to make her a wedding gift from the heart which I hope will provide many comforting cosy cups of tea as they watch the kids grow up and spend the rest of their lives together.




I used the lovely Alice of Crochet with Raymond's blog tea cosy pattern found here to knit the basic tea cosy and then I knitted up and crocheted some roses in different rosy yarns I had left over from various other makes.




I'm rather pleased with it and once I had secured the roses I hooked up some leaves from 100% DK cotton and attached them. The sewing the flowers and leaves on takes time and can be a little fiddly but all in all it's well worth it for the end result.




Happy day Y and K for the 3rd of December 2011, here's to many cups of rosy cosy tea in the future xox
Thanks for popping by and see you soon.



17 comments:

  1. wow this is so beautiful, you clever sausage you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...everything's coming up roses! (Sorry but just couldn't resist the quip) Great tea cosy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so gorgeous, love the cotton leaves too, they really tie in with the flecked cosy. A fab present, lucky them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the tea cosy and I'm sure your friends will love it - and the many cups of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that soooo pretty! zzzzzzz (can you tell I have Higgins on my lap? that was his nose on the keys!!!)
    I love the colours, truly cosy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that!!! Penelope, what a perfect way to wish someone a rosy future. I'm sure your friends will cherish it, and the cuppas it keeps warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I have just visited your site and the info you have covered has been of great interest to me.

    http://idiotsandgenious.blogspot.com
    follow me i do the same..:)

    Surveillance System

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love your tea cosy, its so pretty. I know I would be thrilled if somebody gave me that as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhh! Beautiful tea cozy made from the heart for a friend. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so lovely. What a sweet and thoughtful way to wish them happiness.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about tea cosies that make them so endearing??? maybe cause what goes inside them is something warm....I have always loved them, but never taken the time to make one.I even have a book or two devoted to them, complete with patterns, so there is no excuse except to say I need to find some time and make one. Your friend is gonna love it. Thanks for sharing.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift! I adore your tea cosy - it's just stunning hon. Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so pretty and what a smashing job you've done - I'm sure it will be truly loved. Something handmade and heartfelt - just perfect.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, Pen, that's gorgeous. I have a bit of a tea cosy fetish. What might a girl have to pay in ZAR to acquire a one of these lovelies?
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely Penelope and I'm sure she will be very touched by your gift XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a thoughtful and beautiful gift... it is sure to be treasured for life... My parents still use the cosy which was handknitted by my Grandmother. I cannot remember a time when they didn't have I and I am almost 30. Handmade gifts are so much more special I think.
    I really love the yarn you have used for the main body of the cosy too...gorgeous colour.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my post today. Your comments always make me smile :)

    Take care,
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad this internet thing works and your Information really helped me. Might take you up on that home advice you.
    advertising agencies in pakistan | advertising agencies in Lahore | advertising agencies in Karachi

    ReplyDelete