Friday 9 August 2013

Still spinning

We are back from our very busy, but beautiful, hot and happy holiday in Barcelona and up the coast on the Costa Brava to Tossa de Mar.






 
 
 
There is so much to say and yet I cannot find the words to describe our 8 day trip away. I think I am still spinning from the beauty, the hot sunshine and the joy of opening my mind again to travelling.

We loved; the architecture of Catalonia, the people, the language, the food, the Mediterranean blues and greens of the sea, the rough sand and sea glass, the tapas, the sangria, the hot, balmy evenings, the siestas, the mountains and quiet early mornings. 

Also included in this love was slowing doooooowwwwwwnnnn as a family, catching up with each others dreams and thoughts about what we saw and what we could see in the future, re-uniting as ourselves, finding time to read again and feel the sun on our skins. Eating beautiful food that tastes so full of flavour and promise, playing games and giggling over some of the people watching whilst relaxing in the shade of outdoor cafe's.

I'm coming down from a spinning reel of renewal in energy to get back to reality and continue with work and life again. I'll keep those dreams though, they're good ones. 

How about you?
Have you been enjoying these summer days?
Are you spinning from something?
Any new dreams of late?

It's good to be back on my bloggo
See you soon with more holiday snaps if you can bear me blabbing on about our trip away a wee bit more :o)
See you soon
xox
Penny

8 comments:

  1. Oh Penny! What fab photos! yes, more please! How wonderful, I should love to see the mosaics in Barcelona...one day perhaps!Lx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Penny ... I love Spain and definitely want to visit Barcelona ... it looks beautiful ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in your pictures. It's been quite a few years since we were in either Barcelona or Tossa so yes please, more snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please more photos. I love hearing about other peoples holidays.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of what sounds like a lovely family holiday. I love Barcelona, it's such a beautiful city.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Penny

    Certainly looks as if you've had a fabulous time you certainly got plenty of sun too!

    That's the Mediterranean for you.....it shines its best in the summer and Catalonia is no exception. Beautiful photos. Barcelona is a fascinating city!


    Meanwhile if you have time pop into my blog as I have a giveaway on the go :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back here Penny. Love your photos, they are so "Spanish". Looks like you've been having a pretty spectacular time away. I am dreaming of my own holiday, only five more sleeps...!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! The three of you deserve a nice break. Makes me so jealous. It has been ever so wintery here. xxx

    ReplyDelete